Monday, June 22, 2015

The Adventures of Deanna and BBFFFF, Episode 1

The Adventures of Deanna and BBFFFF, Episode 1 – Blue Pen Group

Every Wednesday evening (unless one of us is otherwise detained, such as my recent Disney trip) BBFFFF and I go to trivia at a local restaurant. Also every Wednesday (unless one of us is otherwise detained, such as my recent Disney trip) BBFFFF and I lose at trivia but still get a decent amount of points because we come up with interesting answers (such as: Q. What was Nissan called before it was Nissan? A. Pre-ssan) and Trivia Guy takes pity on us.

Well, I’m happy to report that our losing streak has ended.

That’s right. This past week, BBFFFF and I tied for third place at trivia.

*bows deeply*

“But…you didn’t win.”

Yes, we know, but we tied for third, which is an accomplishment.

“But…does a tie mean you win something?”

Absolutely not. It means you enter a tie breaker round.

But this is still better than outright losing.

So we entered the tie breaker round.

Except the other group forfeited, so we automatically got third place.

“Sweet deal! What did you win?”

It’s funny you should ask that.

The other team forfeited because the third place prize is a bottle of wine. They do not drink, apparently.

So BBFFFF and I got the wine.

BBFFFF and I also do not drink.

---
Nissan was previously called Datsun.

Blue Pen Group was our name at trivia last week because we couldn’t come up with a name, and BBFFFF was using a blue pen to write our answers.
---

Please join me next week for the next episode of…The Adventures of Deanna and BBFFFF.

BBFFFFF = Best B*tch Friend for Life…because BFF doesn’t make a fun noise when you say it.

Geek on,
Deanna

-Twitter @DDGeekWriter
-Facebook
-Amazon
-Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment