Thursday, March 29, 2018

Book Riot Read Harder Challenge: Between Venus and Mars

Title: Between Venus and Mars
Author: S.C. Mitchell

Book Riot Challenge Category: one-sitting book

I signed up to review this book for a virtual tour with Goddess Fish promotions over on my book blog. As it turns out, my boyfriend decided to put modular shelving in our closet the other night, and I had some free time. I figured I’d start this book while he worked and finish later. Either the shelving took him a really long time, or I flew through this. Whatever the case, it was done in one sitting.

I’ve been on a science fiction kick lately. Science fiction romance is probably my favorite romance subgenre, so this was such a treat. Between Venus and Mars didn’t disappoint my scifi addiction. In addition, the romance plot was beautiful, and the humor was hilarious. Zana is the bff I never knew I wanted. She’s smart, quick on her feet, and curses like a sailor. Kyle is hot and protective without being over bearing. He’s also got a superb sense of humor on him. Together, they were an award-winning couple.

The world (or should I say universe) Mitchell built was really interesting. Earth has been abandoned for hundreds of years. It’s only inhabitants now are livestock and sentient kangaroo-type creatures. Zana travels there to bring back animals for her starving people to both eat and care for. Kyle is accidentally summoned, naked, to Earth by Zana touching the Soul Mate Tree, a mystical tree that unites people who are meant to be together. Poor Kyle just happened to be in the shower when love called. From cover to cover, Between Venus and Mars kept me entertained with snappy dialogue, fast-paced action sequences, and sweet-and-spicy romance. It’s really no wonder I finished it in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment