Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: EMERALD BOUND

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

EMERALD BOUND
by Teresa Richards

A princess, a pea, and a tower of mattresses. This is the sliver that survives of a story more nightmare than fairytale.

Maggie Rhodes, high school junior and semi-reformed stalker, learns the tale’s true roots after a spying attempt goes awry and her best friend Kate ends up as the victim of an ancient curse. At the center of the curse lies an enchanted emerald that has been residing quietly in a museum for the past fifty years. Admirers of the gem have no idea that it feeds on life. Or that it’s found its next victim in Kate.

Enter Lindy, a school acquaintance who knows more than she’s letting on, and Garon, a handsome stranger claiming he knows how to help, and Maggie is left wondering who to trust and how to save her best friend before it’s too late.

If only Maggie knew her connection to the fairy tale was rooted far deeper than an endangered best friend.

~I love anything fairytale retellings, and this looks amazing!

Geek on,
Deanna

-Twitter @DDGeekWriter
-Facebook
-Amazon
-Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. This sounds good. I enjoy fairy tale retellings, too. Hope you enjoy!

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about this book until now. I love fairytale retellings as well, I will give this book a try when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't heard of this, but I love fairy tale retellings! And this is a story that hasn't been done. I had to go add it to my Goodreads TBR list. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good!!!! Adding to my tbr list.
    New follower.
    My wow
    http://hauntedgravebooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-firewalker-by.html

    ReplyDelete