Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday 8-12-15

Welcome to this week’s Wondrous Words Wednesday, hosted by The Bermuda Onion.

Here’s how it works. Find a new word(s)? Blog about it/them and then link up at the host blog.

Here are my words for the week.

Chit - 1. a short letter or note; especially: a signed voucher of a small debt (as for food). 2. A young woman regarded as immature or insignificant.

ALIMENT- food, nutriment; also: sustenance

Umbrage - shade, shadow

Buccal - of or relating to the cheeks or the mouth cavity

Geek on,
Deanna

-Twitter @DDGeekWriter
-Facebook
-Amazon
-Goodreads

5 comments:

  1. The word "chit" is interesting. I feel a little familiar with "umbrage." I tried to paint for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. Sad to see a woman described as a chit. Wonder if we have something similar for me?

    Here's my Wondrous Words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ones this week. I sort of knew all of them, but needed the reminder. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of a girl referred to as a chit before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen aliment used before but I don't think it was in the US. Great words today!

    ReplyDelete