Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday 9-2-15

Welcome to this week’s Wondrous Words Wednesday, hosted by The Bermuda Onion.

Here’s how it works. Find a new word(s)? Blog about it/them and then link up at the host blog.

Here are my words for the week.

Ewer - a large jug with a wide mouth, formerly used for carrying water for someone to wash in.

Kadre - a small group of people specially trained for a particular purpose or profession

Loam - a fertile soil of clay and sand containing humus.

Geek on,
Deanna

-Twitter @DDGeekWriter
-Facebook
-Amazon
-Goodreads

4 comments:

  1. I've got two out of three today, although I'm not sure I could get so specific about loam. I'd just say fertile soil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learned three new words today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew ewer from playing word games. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the spring and summer, I really know what loam means.:) Didn't know "kadre."

    ReplyDelete