Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wondrous Words Wednesday 4-22-15

Welcome to this week’s Wondrous Words Wednesday, hosted by The Bermuda Onion.

Here’s how it works. Find a new word(s)? Blog about it/them and then link up at the host blog.

Here are my words for the week.

1. Eluvium (n.) – sand or silt, the stuff often deposited at the end of the river. In a grander sense, it refers to the sand or silt gods create stuff from. Co-Cap used this in a poem at our biweekly writer’s thing. I knew he was useful for something. (Don’t tell him I said that.)

2. Glaive (n.) – a European polearm weapon I already knew this, but someone mentioned it in conversation, and I was reminded of its awesomeness, both as a word and as an object.

Geek on,
Deanna

Find me on Twitter @DDGeekWriter
And on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment